Tourmalated Quartz Stone Design
The stone design features a centrally located hole drilled through with a approximately 10mm larger hole and 4mm tunnel! Perfect for smooth airflow! Featured here is our Tourmalated Quartz version with Tourmaline crystals running through Crystal Quartz!
Note: because these pipes are handmade using natural gemstones there are variations in color, location of inclusions and other variations.
For more information see below:
For this one we will need to break down both stones!
Stone of Complete Composure & Balance
In ancient times it was believed that Tourmaline glowed due to is very own energy, as the stone become electrostatically charged when partaking in friction. This quality particularly when mixed with quartz and its piezoelectricity makes it one of the best natural pipes to smoke from!
There is an old Egyptian legend that tells the story of how the Tourmaline, when making the long trip from the earth, towards the sun, traveled along a rainbow, and on it’s travels it collected all the colors in the rainbow for it’s own. That's why tourmaline comes in a variety of colors! Here we feature black tourmaline throughout natural quartz!
Mohs Hardness of 7.5 with a trigonal crystal structure
Members of the Tourmaline family of minerals have basically the same crystal structure, but occurs in many colors, each with their own name and slightly varied chemical make up.
- Red or Pink Tourmalines are called Rubellite, these are the most highly prized.
- Dark Blue Tourmaline is called Indicolite, an is often heat treated to lighten it’s color and create a more attractive stone.
- Brown or dark colored Tourmaline is called Dravite, and it’s color is often lightened with heat treating.
- Colorless Tourmaline is called Achroite, it is particularly rare, but may be produced by heat treating pink Tourmalines.
- Watermelon Tourmaline are pink in the center and green on the rim, or vise versa.
- Black Tourmaline is called Schorl
- Yellow Tourmaline or yellow-green is often simply called by it’s color.
- Green Tourmaline is called Verdilite. The green form of this stone was often confused with the emerald until the 18th century.
Tourmaline's are said to enhance understanding, increase self-confidence and amplify psychic energies. They are told to neutralize negative energies, dispel fear and grief as well as aid in concentration and communication.
Tourmaline's are used in an effort to relax the body as well as mind. They are said to aid in the treatment of infectious diseases, anxiety, blood poisoning, arthritis and heart disease.
In general Tourmaline's are said to enhance flexibility, objectivity, compassion, happiness, serenity, balance, positive transformation, healing, strength, tolerance and understanding. It is told to be an excellent channeling stone for communication with the higher forces.
-Black is said to protect one against high radiation, and has a positive effect on the body’s loco motor system, while strengthening musculature.
Energy: Various (see below)
Element: Various (see below)
Planet: Venus & Mars
Deities: Venus & Mars
Powers: Love, Friendship, Peace, Courage & Astal Projection
Candle Color: Pink
- Black (energy: receptive, element: earth) this hue is used for grounding purposes and as to represent the earth in spells relating to that element. It is protective, and it absorbs negativity when charged for that purpose through visualization.
- Zodiac Stone of: Libra
- Associations: Venus
- Birthstone: Alternative Modern Birthstone for the month of October, Traditional Birthstone for the month of October, Anniversary Stone for the 8th Year. To dream of Tourmaline means one needs to be watchful of unexpected and potential dangers.
- Specifically Black on the 1st, Root/Base chakra
Stone of Power
Quartz Crystal also known as Colorless, Clear, and rock Quartz as well as Rock Crystal. This is the transparent colorless variety of Quartz. Long ago, people believed that rock crystal was a compact form of ice: crystallos actually means “frozen.” Hence the arrival at the name crystal quartz!
Quartz is known to be highly useful in healing, in meditation, and for spiritual growth and enlightenment. Quartz is also known as some of the best materials to smoke from!
Mohs Hardness of 7
Trigonal crystal structure
It was thought that quartz was actually ice formed by the Gods. We like the idea of clean and clear smoke. Crystal Quartz is the ultimate stone, as it radiates vibrations within the spectrum of light and thus can be utilized and programmed for any use which bring light and energy into our spiritual bodies. Quartz is said to imprint energy, and to focus the mind, aid in concentration, and enhance mental ability.
Crystal Quartz is known to some as a power stone. It is said to enhance energy and thoughts, while purifying the spiritual, mental, and physical.
Energy: Projective, Receptive
Planet: Sun, Moon
Element: Fire, Water
Deity: The great Mother
Powers: Protection, Healing, Psychism, Power, Lactation
Candle Color: White
Zodiac Stone of: Leo, Gemini and Capricorn
Crystal Quartz, is associated with the 7th, Crown Chakra, but has an enlightening effect on all chakras. It has been said to bring clarity and amplify the energy and the aura. It is known as a particularly good stone to use in combination as it opens up all the chakras to assist in relaxation. Many claim it to temper the overpowering energy that some stones may emit during meditation, which will in turn create a much more harmonious mediation space.
NOTE: INTENDED FOR TOBACCO USE ONLY MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 18.